Last night was our three kids annual piano recital, along with all of our nieces and nephews. We do it every year, and it is something to look forward too! The evening starts by listening to all our fabulous family members ( well kids only) play us a couple of songs. There is 10 kids in all, so this takes a little bit of time. Then on to dessert! I love dessert nights, so much yumminess to choose from. This year I made this recipe for chocolate mint rice krispie squares that I found on the blog Chocolate Moosey. It is filled with delectable treats so head on over ad check her out!
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) chocolate mint marshmallows OR plain marshmallows + 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal, either plain or cocoa
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into chunks- (or 1/2 cup chocolate chips)
- 2 Tbsp butter
1. Melt butter and marshmallows in large saucepan, over low heat, when it all melted remove from heat.
2. Stir in rice krispies and chocolate chips, stir until coated.
3. Pour mixture into a square baking pan, that has been lined with parchment (or wax) paper.
4. Make the green icing layer by beating together 1/4 cup of butter and icing sugar. Beat in pep extract and food coloring. Spread onto Rice Krispie bars. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. After icing has set make the chocolate topping, melt chocolate and 2 Tbsp butter together in small saucepan until melted. Spread over icing layer and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Cut into bars and serve.
7. Eat and enjoy!