We had a brunch on the weekend and I tries out this new recipe, which I’m not going to lie, has reached favorite status already. It was so tasty! I think this is my first strata, I know I have never made one before, I don’t think I have ever eaten one. I would describe it almost a cross between a savory french toast and a breakfast souffle. Well no matter what it would be described as delicious it is for sure!
Recipe found at Allrecipes
- 12 thick slices white bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. grease a 13×9 casserole dish. Toss together bread, cheese and bacon, and place in dish.
2. Beat together the eggs, half-and-half and mustard, pour over bread mixture.
3. Let sit in fridge overnight.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Let sit for ten minutes before slicing.
5. Eat and enjoy!