I love movies. I usually end up seeing quite a few of them due to this one simple fact. Last night I watched Big Fish for the first time. I loved it, it always surprises me when there is an older movie that I missed that I adore. How did I miss it anyways? If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. It was creative, beautiful and heart warming!
On to dinner, we had homemade Buttermilk Bread, Roasted Veggies and this salad. It was my first time ever making cous cous, two firsts in one night, and it was crazy easy!
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked cous cous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Bring 1 3/4 cup water to a boil in medium-sized saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cous cous. Cover for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Set aside and let cool slightly.
2. In salad bowl mix together remaining ingredients, stir in cous cous. Refrigerate at least one hour. Serve.
3. Eat and enjoy!