It is raining here. I love the rain. It means a nice quiet afternoon sitting by the fireplace reading. I find I love cold days even more now that I have a fireplace because nothing beats sitting in your very own library, with a nice beverage, a great book, and a lovely warm and cozy fire. So yay rain! All you sunshine lovers are probably hating me right now, but I love the rain!!
Anyways on to the super yummy recipe, this was our vegetarian Thursday recipe and it was delish! We served it with sour cream and salsa but you could totally eat it plain too! Or with guacamole! I got the recipe on Allrecipes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender. Add kidney beans and water. ( the recipe says to add 2 cups water, I didn’t want it to be to liquidy so I only added 1/2 cup and it was the perfect texture, but decide how liquidy you want yours and go from there).
2. Stir in all the spices, soy sauce and mustard.
3. Lay out tortillas and evenly spread with sweet potatoes, top with bean mixture, top with cheese. Roll up and place in a large greased pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
5. Eat and enjoy!