Another month, another fish. This one was pretty good. I served it with tartar sauce and I love that, so definitely an edible seafood, plus all the people in the house that actually like seafood, really liked this recipe. Their opinions are probably more accurate for seafood recipes. So enjoy if you like seafood, and if you are like me and don’t, this one is not that bad!
Recipe found at Allrecipes.com
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1. Get out three bowls. In first bowl mix together flour, salt and pepper. Second bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy. Third bowl mix together the bread crumbs, cornmeal and basil.
2. Dip the fish in each bowl in order. Place in a lightly greased 13×9 inch pan.
3. Bake at 450 degrees until fish flakes easily with fork (about 10-15 minutes).