Thursday night vegetarian night was again last night, and I served pasta again. Sometimes, I just can’t help myself, and I must have been especially craving carbs when I made the grocery list last week because we sure did eat a lot of bread and pasta. That is pretty typical around here I love me some carbs, and this pasta dish was no exception! I am so looking forward to my friday night movie with the kids tonight! I haven’t posted a movie night recipe in a long time because I have been teaching my 11-year-old basic cooking skills, and he now makes frozen pizza for movie night, a night off of cooking for me!! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Recipe from Kraft What’s Cooking Magazine
- 450 g of spaghetti (half of the large package)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 carrots, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia cream cheese spread (I used Herb and Garlic)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti cook until almost done, add vegetables to water and cook an additional three minutes, until pasta is dine and vegetables are tender.
2. Drain and set aside. In same pot add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and the mixture is blended together.
3. Stir in noodles and vegetables, toss to coat.
4. Eat and enjoy!