Thursdays vegetarian night was a quick, easy, affordable, and delicious dinner. Can you really beat that? I served mine with garlic bread, which I would highly recommend because dipping the garlic bread in the leftover sauce was one of the best parts of dinner!
Recipe from Southern Living Complete Quick and Easy Cookbook
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cups zucchini cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium onion cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions drain and set aside. Stir in 2 tsp of the olive oil and keep warm.
2. While pasta has started cooking, heat remaining olive oil in large skillet, saute zucchini, onion and garlic for about 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Place in bowl and keep warm.
3. In same skillet heat the tomatoes, salt and pepper for 12 minutes until thickened. Return vegetables to skillet and stir in chopped basil. Serve on top of penne noodles with parmesan cheese.
4. Eat and enjoy!