This was one messy supper! I think next time I will opt to eat with a fork and knife, but this time we just folded them up and ate them like a sandwich. It was like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs at the table for a while there!
Recipe from Canadian Living Everyday Favorites
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
Sauce and Pitas:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated unpeeled cucumbers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 greek pitas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped 4 thin slices red onion
1. Beat egg in mixing bowl, add all other meatball ingredients and mix together well. Using a tablespoon shape into about 24 meatballs.
2. Line a 13×9 baking pan with tinfoil, spray with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. While meatballs are cooking make your sauce. Mix together the yogurt, garlic, cucumber, salt and pepper, and mint.
5. Spread equally between 4 pitas. Spread with lettuce and cucumbers. Top with cooked meatballs.
6. Eat and enjoy!