Mmmm… Spaghetti, a crowd pleaser that is for sure. I love being creative in the kitchen, I love serving my kids a vast variety of food, but sometimes, you just want to serve a dinner where nobody complains. This recipe did take a long time, like 2 hours for the sauce, but it was well worth it and we all decided this is the best Spaghetti/Meatball recipe I have made.
original Recipe found at Allrecipes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. First of all you need to get that sauce a cooking! Saute your onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large sauce pan. When onion is translucent stir in both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, covered, for 90 minutes.
2. When that has been started make your meat balls. Mix all meatball ingredients together and from into about 12 balls. Put in refrigerator to firm up a but until needed.
3. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients, plus the meatballs to your sauce. Return to a simmer and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until meatballs have been cooked through.
4. Serve with pasta of your choice.
5. Eat and Enjoy!