Possibly one of the most famous food blogs out there, is The Pioneer Woman. She has amazing stories, recipes, all sorts of stuff on there. I have finally gotten around to making one of her amazing looking recipes, Bruchetta to be exact. It rounded out our Oscar night party and was the perfect addition. So perfect in fact that it may become a yearly additive. Her version was even prettier than mine because alas, yellow grape tomatoes could not be found, so I just used two pints of red. Here is the delicious recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- 1 pint Red Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 pint Yellow Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 16 whole Basil Leaves
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 whole Baguette, sliced
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
1. Heat oil in small skillet and saute garlic until golden, remove from heat and cool slightly.
2. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and place in mixing bowl. Gather a few leaves of basil together and roll them up, slice into strips. Add garlic/oil mixture, balsamic vinegar, basil and s+p to tomatoes, stir until coated.
3. Melt butter in large skillet and fry baguette on both sides until you achieve crispy buttery goodness. Place bruschetta on top of bread slices.
4. Eat and enjoy!