Last night was our annual Oscar shindig. Can you call it a shindig when only 4 people attend?? Well, we started a tradition with our best friends and now we watch it every yea together, complete with prizes for who gets the most check marks on our ballots, plus we end every Oscar night with everyone enjoying their very own pint of Ben and Jerry’s. This is one of my favorite traditions. Of course we also eat delicious food, so for the next three days you get to see our Oscar night menu! The first recipe I am going to share is adapted from the January 2 2012, copy of For Women First Magazine.
- 3 scallions, divided
- 1 small seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Oregano
- 3 Tbsp. roasted red pepper salad dressing (or greek which is what the recipe actually called for)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 whole grain tortillas
1. Chop one of the scallions and place in medium mixing bowl. Add next 6 ingredients and stir to mix.
2. Lay out tortillas and divide equally the hummus, spinach, and cucumber mixture, roll each tortilla up and cut in half.
3. With remaining scallions, slice lengthwise into 8 sections. Tie on around each wrap. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
4. Eat and Enjoy!