One of the best parts of vacation, coming home, getting back into your routine. At least, for me, as I am definitely a routine kind a gal. I love my lazy Fridays spent by the fireplace with a book in hand (usually chocolates as well) and one of the best parts of my week of course is vegetarian Thursdays, where my best friend comes over. Last night was veggie quesadilla night, and the movie was Julie and Julia, kind of made me giggle as it is about a girl starting out a food blog, and I am going to say a few things she said/did reminded me of myself.
This recipe is from Betty Crocker Comfort Food. It was easy, quick and delicious.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic-pepper blend
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Mix together the zucchini, tomato, and spices in a small bowl.
2. Place four of the tortillas on a cookie sheet (I used two so they didn’t overlap), place 1/4 cup of cheese on each tortilla. Spread with veggie mixture. Cover with an additional 1/4 cup per tortilla, and place remaining tortillas on top.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 6 minutes.
Tips- Serve with heated marinara sauce, salsa, sour cream or guacamole.