Well after my husband has been in Africa for 2 1/2 weeks he was really wanting to come home to some good cooking! I made him one of his favorite meals, an old family favorite. We haven’t had it in a really long time, sometimes it is so nice to revisit a recipe from long ago!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar red pasta sauce
- 1 jar alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 box manicotti noodles (should have 14 in it)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in fry pan with garlic and basil. Move to bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the red pasta sauce, parmesan cheese and egg. Yes, raw egg, it helps bind the meat together.
3. Spread 1/2 of remaining red pasta sauce in a 13×9 inch pan.
4. Fill cooked manicotti noodles with meat mixture and place in prepared pan. When all the meat and noodles are used up top with jar of alfredo sauce. Top with remaining red sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
5. Cover with Tinfoil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove tinfoil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.