When a birthday party is somewhere other than a home, it is nice to make cupcakes so that you don’t have to worry about forks and plates. I have found I have been making cupcakes quite a lot lately. Much more than I will make an actual layer cake. Making plain vanilla cupcakes adds a bit of fun because you can add whatever you want to decorate and everything will taste good. Be creative, Have Fun!
Cake recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter and milk together in saucepan just until butter has melted, set aside.
3. In mixer bowl beat together the sugar, eggs, yolks, and vanilla until creamy. Add dry ingredients and beat until combined. Slowly beat in the milk/butter mixture. Scoop into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Frost, with frosting of your choice.
6. Eat and enjoy!
Tips- Decorate with, Smarties, gummies, sprinkles, toasted coconut, chocolate chips, licorice, suckers, have fun!