I will admit that I absolutely love being in the kitchen cooking away for my family, making delicious meals and desserts, but some nights you just need a quick and easy meal plan. Something you can start and a half hour later dinner is on the table and as a bonus you didn’t make every dish in the house dirty while making it. This dinner falls into that category, plus everyone in our house loved it, no complaining kids…not a one!
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1. Heat butter in large skillet, add chicken, carrot, garlic and onion, cook until chicken is cooked through and onions and tender.
2. In small mixing bowl combine broth, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and rice, add to skillet.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer, add broccoli and parsley, continue to simmer covered for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally) until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
4. Eat and Enjoy!