I still have turkey in my freezer, left over from Christmas. I love the ease of having pre-cooked meat ready to throw in a casserole. The kids and I all really liked this one, hubby was a little unsure, I think he liked it but wouldn’t necessarily want to have it over and over again. I served it with rice, however I think that mashed potatoes would have complimented it a little bit better.
Recipe from Southern Living Comfort Food
- 3-4 cups chopped cooked turkey (or chicken)
- 1 can cream of mushroom and chicken soup (I don’t think we have this flavor in Canada, so I just used cream of chicken)
- 1 (16 ounce container) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Poppy seeds
- 1 sleeve whole wheat Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
1. Mix together the turkey, soup, sour cream, cheddar and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Top with crackers and then butter.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
4. Eat and Enjoy!