This past weekend was our usual standing brunch date with friends, but I decided to do something different and make us a lunch style meal instead of our usual breakfast fare. I must say I was glad I did as I discovered the perfect recipe for Chili dogs. Now I wouldn’t necessarily make this chili to eat out of the bowl, but topped on a hot dog it was just right!
Recipe found in Southern Living Comfort Food
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain, set aside.
2. Add oil to same skillet and saute onion until tender. Add beef, salt and chili powder, stir to mix.
3. Add 2 1/4 cups water, ketchup and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
4. Simmer on low for about 45 minutes until most of liquid has evaporated.
5. Serve over hot dogs.
6. Eat and enjoy.
Tips- serve with grated cheese and chopped onions.