Comfort food is the best. This one is categorized as Comfort right in the recipe, so I knew it was a must try. Neither of my girls like mushrooms, but I can usually get away with using mushroom soup in recipes and they really like it. In fact one of my older daughter’s favorite meals uses mushroom soup so score for me, I can get my mushroom fix and not have to make a separate meal for the girls.This one was a hit with the whole family.
Recipe found in Southern Liven Homestyle Cookbook
- 1 can beefy mushroom soup (I couldn’t find this so I used mushroom garlic)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup water
1. Mix together 1/4 cup soup, the ground beef,onion, pepper, egg and bread crumbs and form into patties. ( I got six).
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook patties for 4 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
3. Combine remaining soup and water and pour over patties, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, until patties are cooked through.
4. Eat and enjoy!