Wow, it is hard to believe another month has already passed and this is my second Secret Recipe Club post. This month I was very happy to receive The Gingersnap Girl blog. I mean from the name alone I knew I would be looking at some pretty tasty recipes. I mean , seriously, gingersnaps are like my fourth favorite cookie in the whole wide world. It was a pretty tough choice what I was going to make but as I had brunch with friends coming up I finally settled on her recipe for Apple Pie Muffins. Makes 12.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or use cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped granny smith apples, about 1/2 – 3/4 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Mix together melted butter, egg, vanilla and brown sugar in large mixing bowl until sugar is fully dissolved.
2. Stir in all dry ingredients until just combined , fold in chopped apples. Place in muffin tins that has been lined with paper cups.
3. Mix together topping ingredients in a small bowl and scoop on top of apples. (There are lots of yummy topping so your tops should be completely covered).
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Eat and enjoy!