Today is my birthday! I am 32. Wow, I must say as I opened my present (which by the way is a one week trip to Disneyland) and squealed with glee, I realized, I am still a kid at heart, as long as I still feel like this aging doesn’t really seem to matter. Here is a super yummy cookie recipe with one of my very favorite flavor combinations, chocolate and mint!
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- 1/4 cup finely crushed peppermint candy canes
1. Beat together butter and first amount of sugar until fluffy. Beat in salt, vanilla and flour until the dough all comes together. Beat in choc. chips and crushed candy canes.
2. Press together about 1 Tbsp. of dough and shape into ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 14 minutes and 350 degrees.
3. When cookies come out of oven, roll in second amount of icing sugar. Set aside to cool. When cool, re-roll in icing sugar a second time.