I am really looking forward to our planned activities today. Once a month our movie theater shows an old classic movie. It’s only 5 dollars to get in, so quite affordable , if you ask me. Leaves us room to splurge on popcorn and whatnot. Last year during December they showed It’s a Wonderful Life, although I had seen it before, my husband and kids had not. We all had a fabulous time. This year it is the Bing Crosby classic White Christmas which *gasp none of us have ever seen. So in honor of our wonderful Christmas themed plans for the day you get a Christmas appetizer recipe perfect for any holiday party you may be attending.
Original Recipe from Allrecipes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Mix together all meatball ingredients with hands until fully combined. Shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches each. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and drain off fat.
2. In large saucepan mix together sauce ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Add meatballs and simmer an additional minute just until meatballs are coated.
3. Eat and Enjoy!