As I was searching the Betty Crocker website I found these. I thought they would be perfect to add to the Christmas baking list for a couple of reasons. One is I bought a huge bag of Craisins at Costco and I need to use those puppies up. Another is I tend to make a lot of chocolate baking, and I need a little more diversity on that Christmas platter. I was pleasantly surprised as these were quite tasty. They are very crumbly though. Ah well sometimes you just have to make a little mess while eating.
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups craisins
- 1 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon peel
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
1. Mix together butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until fully combined.
2. Add in the oats, flour, and baking soda. Mix until combined. Press half into an ungreased 13×9 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Meanwhile mix together remaining ingredients.
4. When dough has finished cooking, remove from oven and top with sour cream cranberry mixture. Crumble remaining dough on top and gently press down.
5. Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
6. Cool in refrigerator until set, cut into bars.
7. Eat and Enjoy!