I had the pleasure of making my niece’s birthday cake (second niece this month) because she wanted this recipe. That apparently is not only her favorite dessert, but also her favorite food! It is pretty good, so I was excited that I got to make it for her. So Happy Birthday darling Julena, Auntie Jamie loves you!
Recipe adapted from Kraft. Check here if you would like a smaller size. (You probably don’t though, leftovers are good too)
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 pkgs. instant pistachio pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 12 double stuffed Oreos-chopped
- 1 large tub Cool Whip
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
1. Pre heat oven to 350.
2. Mix Oreo crumbs and butter in 11×7 inch dish. Pat down to cover bottom. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
3. Mix pistachio pudding mixes, milk and peppermint extract with whisk until all combined.
4. Fold in Cool Whip and Oreos.Pour over cooled crust.