One of the benefits of homeschooling is the kids get to pick what they want to learn about. Each year I let them pick either one social studies or science unit, and this year Erik picked U.S Presidents. Most people when I told them said Why not Canada, where you live. Well firstly we already studied Canada another year and secondly, this seems to be what he is interested in. So we study. We just finished learning about good old Abraham Lincoln and the battle between free states and slaves states and as we haven’t studied slavery the kids got to learn about that too. So for movie night I wanted something that would help them understand what it was all about , a bit more. We got The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. All the kids really enjoyed it, as did I. Who says learning can’t be fun. And to go with our movie we had this BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe from Allrecipes.
- 1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup diced grilled chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Layer BBQ sauce and cheese on crust. Top with chicken, peppers and onions.
2. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and veggies are heated through.
3. Eat and Enjoy.
Tips- I doubled the cheese in this recipe as we love cheese. It was awesome I recommend that!