Last night was a major carbs night here. Pasta and Garlic bread. I didn’t even serve it with a salad like I usually would. I just wanted to have my fill of the delicious mouth-watering carbs that I love. This recipe didn’t disappoint, it was exactly what I was looking for, now if only I could find my perfect christmas tree we will be set.
Recipe found in The Pillsbury Family Christmas Cook Book
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti noodles-or linguine
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions and set aside.
2. Meanwhile in large skillet, melt butter with olive oil.Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add peppers, green onions, parsley and flour. Stir for another minute.
3. Slowly add the evaporated milk and blend together. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, until thickened to your liking.
4. Stir in basil, oregano and salt. Pour over noodles and gently toss. Top with parmesan cheese.
5. Eat and Enjoy!