First of all, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, my house will soon be smelling heavenly with turkey fragrance drifting through the air! We have had a busy weekend here, my beautiful daughter turned 7. I can hardly believe how time flies. She insisted on a beach party….in Calgary….in October. So we all headed to the beach in our pants and sweaters for a sand sculpture contest party. Fun was had by all. And of course I had to make a theme cake to go with this event. When I saw the recipe for these fun cupcakes on Betty Crocker I knew they would be prefect. Except I didn’t think about transporting them to said beach, oh well they looked good before they all fell over. A fun (and yummy) cupcake, but I do only recommend making them if you are staying home. Anyways here is the recipe.
- 1 box Betty Crocker cake mix-any flavor, plus oil and eggs called for on box
- 30-36 flat bottom ice cream cones-I used 33
- 1 container Betty Crocker whipped white icing-plus blue food coloring
- decorations, such as teddy grahams, life saver gummies, graham cracker crumbs, and well pretty much whatever else you can think of.
1. Pre heat oven to 350.
3.Fill ice cream cones about 1/2 way up and place in muffin tin.
4.Bake for about 23 minutes until toothpick comes out clean, repeat with remaining cones.
5. Cool and decorate as desired.
Tips- This cake is better eaten the day you make it as cones will get soggy.