Another Vegetarian Thursday has come and gone. As a bonus we watched one of my all-time favorite movies. I actually don’t know why I love it so much, it is just a simple, family friendly movie. Dan in Real Life. I just love the family dynamics this movie has. They laugh and play and eat together. Anyways if you haven’t watched it (and like romantic comedies), I recommend it, now on to the recipe. It was pretty easy, and pretty tasty too. Next time I will serve with Garlic Bread to sop up all the leftover sauce on the plate. this is adapted from Broccoli Shells at allrecipes.
- 1 (300 g) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 18 jumbo shell-shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar Newman’s Own Sookaroni sauce
1. Cook pasta until al dente in large pot of salted water.
2. Mix ricotta, broccoli, 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese in small mixing bowl.
3. Pre heat oven to 400.
4. Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in bottom of 13×9 inch plate.
5. When pasta has finished cooking, rinse with cold water and fill with ricotta filling. ( about 1 heaping tablespoon each).
6. Place pasta shells on top of sauce and top with remaining sauce, then remaining mozzarella.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Eat and Enjoy!