Our middle daughter Jordan has got a crazy love for tomatoes. Her top three favorite foods are ham subs with extra tomatoes, these delicious bagels and sliced tomatoes in oil and vinegar. Once when we were visiting friends she saw a new carton of grape tomatoes, and very politely asked if she could have one. Said friend replied, “Sure have as many as you like”. As the adults got to visiting (and not paying attention), she ate the whole carton. If I buy tomatoes at the store for a specific recipe I have to hide them. I guess it could be worse, at least it is something healthy. I found this recipe year;s ago on the Kraft site, and have been making it about once a month ever since. I have been making it so long I never measure the ingredients any more just throw everything in a bowl and stir, but for you here is the original recipe.
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip
- 1 tsp each minced garlic and oregano
- 2 whole grain bagels, split and toasted.
1. Mix all ingredients (except bagels) in bowl.
2. Spread on toasted bagels.
3. Broil for about 3 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Watch so they don’t burn.
4. That’s it! Eat and Enjoy!
Tips- Substitute whatever bagels and cheese you have on hand.