Well it is officially fall. Most people start saying it’s fall right at the beginning of September. I get it, back to school, back to normalcy. But technically it is still summer, and the weather here seems to have been pretty off and on. Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold. I looked out the window this morning and saw a wonderful gloomy sky. Yay for me! In my world this means today will be spent reading in my library with the fireplace on and a large mug of hot cocoa to enjoy! Welcome fall, I welcome you with my arms wide open! Back to the world I love filled with baked pumpkin goods, soups and stews, hot beverages, and comforting classics like this chicken pot pie. I’ll admit I usually just buy Chicken pot Pie at Costco and throw it in the oven (have you tried it?? Really good!), but I found this recipe from Kraft and it just sounded to easy and delicious not to try!
Deep Dish Chicken Pie
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup zesty italian salad dressing
- 1/2 package (8 ounce) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 single pie crust (store bought or homemade)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
3. Pour salad dressing into large skillet and cook chicken in it until brown.
5. Add broth and vegetables, simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into a deep pie plate and top with pie crust.
7. Flute the sides and cut a few lines to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
Tips- To use up that extra cream cheese try out this Cinnamon bun recipe.