Originally when I found this recipe it was called Gyros Burgers. I thought it sounded great! Then as I was making it, it didn’t really seem like a Gyro at all, so I have taken it upon myself to change the name to add less confusion about what you are actually going to eat. Now don’t get me wrong these were some tasty burgers, just didn’t taste like a Gyro. Unless you count the pita, because I guess Gyros are usually served in pitas….anyways here’s the recipe. Adapted from Theresa at Allrecipes
- 2 (8 ounce) containers plain yogurt, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 5 pita bread rounds
- 2 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
2. Mix 1/2 of the yogurt and the ranch seasoning package. Split this into two different bowls.
3. To the first bowl, add the remaining yogurt and the grated cucumber-this is your sauce.
4. To the second bowl add the ground beef and onions. Shape into 5 burger patties.
5. Cook your patties in a large skillet over medium high heat until brown on both sides.
6. Fill pita with lettuce and tomato, top with cooked burger patty and sauce.
7. Eat and Enjoy!