Fall is on the way. It was quite chilly here yesterday, gloomy dark clouds on the horizon. I Love it! Time to pull out our sweaters and turn on our fireplaces. Fall is my most favorite season, back to routine, and I love, love , love fall tyre foods. Soups and stews, lots of baking filled with pumpkin and apples, Thanksgiving right around the corner. Yes, I have entered my happy place, and to top it all off I got my new fall issue of What’s cooking from Kraft in the mail. Yay! So I decided on this recipe, not my usual chili recipe, but it was pretty good. Always like to try new things. If I made it again I would definitely double the chili powder but I am going to right it as is, and you can decided if you want to do that yourself.
Original recipe found at Kraft Canada
- 1/4 cup Kraft Calorie-Wise Sun-Dried Tomato & Oregano Dressing
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 lb. (225 g) extra-lean ground beef
1 tsp.chili powder
1 can (28 fl oz/796 mL) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14 fl oz/398 mL) no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup Kraft Tex Mex Light Shredded Cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream
1. Heat salad dressing in extra-large skillet(with lid) and cook chopped peppers for about 2 minutes.
2. Add ground beef and chili powder and fry until beef is cooked through.
3. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, and salsa, bring to a boil.
4. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
5. Serve topped with cheese and sour cream.