I have found another gem of a cookbook at the library. I love getting cookbooks out, before I purchase them to check them out, and I must say this is a must own. Lots of pictures, mouth-watering recipes, filled with lots of homey, good, old-fashioned cooking. Yup , this is a must own. I have added it to my cookbook wish list, and until then I will just keep on getting it out. There is just so many good ones to try.
After enjoying many, many vegetarian Thursdays I have got to say that this recipe has been one of my all-time favorites.
What is your favorite vegetarian recipe?
Recipe found in Betty Crocker Country Cooking
- 4-6 large spinach tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 medium green pepper-cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 medium red onion-cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 medium zucchini-cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 XL mushrooms-sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Onion and Mushrooms on large cooking sheet.
3. Mix Olive Oil, salt and pepper in small bowl and brush over vegetables.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make Garlic Mayo in small bowl.
6. Divide mayo evenly between the 4 wraps, sprinkle with chopped lettuce.
7. Put veggies of choice on individual wraps. Wrap up and Enjoy.