Tuesday nights in our house are pretty special nights. We belong to a Bridge club so every week we get to spend time with fabulous friends and family playing a really fun card game. Dinner is usually quick and easy to leave time for either travel or clean up(on weeks that it is our turn to host.) This meal took very little time to prepare and both the kids and husband raved. We have a winner! My family does tend to like anything made with a can of spagetti sauce though, so I could have seen that one coming.
Recipe adapted from Quick Chicken Cacciatore in Great American Brand Name Cook Book.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste- I used about 1/2 tsp. each
- 1 heaping tsp. minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil- divided
- 1 jar roasted red pepper flavored spagetti sauce
- 2 peppers-green,yellow,red or orange
- 2 slices provolone cheese- cut in half
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1. Start a medium pot of water to boil for macaroni. Cook until desired tenderness, drain.
2. While water starts to boil, mix flour, s+p in a small mixing bowl. Dredge Chicken Breasts in flour mixture.
3. Brown chicken in 3 Tbsp of olive oil
4. Add spagetti sauce and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Add sliced peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Top with provolone cheese.
6. Stir remaining olive oil and parsley into drained macaroni.
7. Serve and enjoy.