We spent a lovely afternoon at the beach yesterday. After long hours in the sun, I wanted a quick meal to make when we got home. This recipe does have a lot of ingredients but don’t let it fool you, it is pretty quick to make.
Original recipe by Sean at Allrecipes.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can chick peas(15 ounce)
- oil for frying
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1. Mix all sauce ingredients and keep in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Mash chickpeas in a bowl, don’t use blender or they will be to thin.
3. Use blender to mix onions , parsley and garlic, until they are in small bits. Add to mashed chick peas.
4. Blend in egg, spices, baking powder and olive oil.
5. Slowly add bread crumbs until you get the consistency that you want.
6. From into 8 balls and flatten slightly. Fry in large pan with additional oil.