My husband has a part-time waiter job and works every Friday night. So the kids and I have a movie night. Cuddles under blankets, a big bowl of popcorn, and some sort of tasty treat. As I have already mentioned I am crazy about Disney, so most Fridays we spend some time with one of Walt’s masterpieces. Occasionally we will watch another family favorite like Star Wars, Annie or The Wizard of Oz, but let’s be honest it is mostly Disney in our house. Tonight we watched one of the newer disney Classics, The Lion, The Witch , and The Wardrobe. Yes, we spent two wonderful hours in the land of Narnia. It was a fantastic way to spend an evening, a terrific movie, the very best company and one of my favorite recipes of all time.
Recipe adapted from Diane Felico on Allrecipes- Garlic Sausage Bread
- 3 mild Italian Sausages
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.Squeeze sausages out of their skins and fry until brown and crumbled.
3. Place both sides of loaf face up on large baking pan, and layer with tomato, roasted red pepper, sausage and cheese.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Whisk together remaining ingredients in bowl.When bread has finished baking remove from oven and pour on olive oil-vinegar mixture. Bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Slice and enjoy!